OK, I know this isn’t the most exciting bit of the website, but it is one of the most important, so if you’re on this page, give yourself a pat on the back. Go grab a cup of tea and settle in for a read through! Here’s where I’ll break down the ways your data will be collected, stored and used during the time we work together. I’ve kept things as simple as possible, so have a read through, and feel free to drop me an email if you have any questions or concerns.
Essentially, I want to protect your privacy and confidentiality. I understand that all users of my website are quite rightly concerned to know that their data is being used lawfully. I take my responsibilities under GDPR very seriously and I want to comply with the spirit and the letter of the guidance provided by the Information Commissioners Office.
You can find information about ICO at their website https://ico.org.uk/
As such, I’m afraid that if there are one or more points below with which you are not happy, I advise you to leave the website immediately.
I do not share, or sell, or disclose to a third party, any personally identifiable information collected at this site.
The law requires me to determine how I process different categories of your personal information, and to notify you of the basis for each category.
If a basis on which I process your personal information is no longer relevant, then I’ll immediately stop processing your data.
Here are the types of information I am likely to collect and process during our interactions, and what I’ll need to use it for.
- Information I process because I have a contractual obligation with you
When you buy a product or service from Wide Sky Weddings, or otherwise agree to the terms and conditions, a contract is formed between you and me.
Simply put, in order for me to be able to work effectively with you as your wedding planner and fulfil my contractual obligations with you, I will need to process information from you, some of which may be personal information.
I may use this information in order to:
1.1. verify your identity for security purposes
1.2. sell products to you
1.3. provide you with my services
1.4. provide you with suggestions and advice on products, services and how to obtain the most from using my website
I process this information on the basis there is a contract between us, or that you have requested I use the information before we enter into a legal contract. I’ll continue to process this information until the contract between us ends or is terminated by either party under the terms of the contract.
- Information I process with your consent
Where there is no contractual relationship between us, such as when you browse the website or ask me to provide you more information about my services and my business, you provide your consent to me to process information that may be personal information.
Sometimes you might give your consent implicitly, such as when you send me a message by e-mail and which you’d like a response to, in order to respond, I’ll need to process your contact details.
Except where you have consented to my use of your information for a specific purpose, I don’t use your information in any way that would identify you personally.
I’ll continue to process your information on this basis until you withdraw your consent, or it can be reasonably assumed that your consent no longer exists.
You may withdraw your consent at any time by sending me an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Information I process because I legally have to
I am subject to the law like everyone else. Sometimes, I must process your information in order to comply with a statutory obligation. This can include your personal information.
- Website usage information
As I’m sure you know, these cookies are sadly not the delicious kind. They are jolly useful though! Cookies in this context refer to small text files that are placed on your computer’s hard drive through your web browser when you visit any website. They are widely used to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
Like all other users of cookies, I may request the return of information from your computer when your browser requests a web page from our server. Cookies enable the web server to identify you to the site, and to track your actions and the pages you visit while you use it. The cookies we use may last for a single visit to the site (they are deleted from your computer when you close your browser), or may remain on your computer until you delete them or until a defined period has passed.
– to allow essential parts of the website to operate for you.
– to operate my content management system.
– to operate the online notification form that you’ll find on my ‘Contact’ page. This cookie is set on your arrival at the web site and deleted when you close your browser.
– to enhance security on the contact form. It is set for use only through the contact form. This cookie is deleted when you close your browser.
– to collect information about how visitors use the site. We use the information to improve yours and future users’ experience of the site and enable me to make sure it’s performing to the best of its ability. This cookie collects information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from, and the pages they visited.
– to store your personal information so that you do not have to provide it afresh when you visit the site next time. (This is a useful one for cutting down on admin faff for you!)
– to enable you to watch videos I have placed on YouTube. YouTube will not store personally identifiable cookie information when you use YouTube’s privacy-enhanced mode.
Obviously I hope this won’t be the case, but should you need to send a complaint about anything to do with the service or experience of working with me or browsing my website, I’ll need to record all the information you have given to me. I use that information to resolve your complaint. If your complaint reasonably requires me to contact some other person, I may decide to give to that other person some of the information contained in your complaint.
I may also compile statistics showing information obtained from this source to assess the level of service we provide, but not in a way that could identify anyone.
- Use of site by children
As a wedding planner, I do not market to children, nor do I sell products or services for purchase by children. If you are under 18, please only use the site with consent from a parent or guardian.
- Disclosure to Government and their agencies
I may be required to give information to legal authorities if they request, or if they have the proper authorisation.
- Retention and Review or update or remove personally identifiable information
I’ll keep your personal data only for as long as I need in order to provide the services you have requested, to comply with the law or to support a claim in court. You may review or update the information that I hold about you, or if you wish, request the removal of any information about you from the website.
To do this please contact us at:
2 Causer Cottage, Nethy Bridge, Inverness-shire, PH25 3DS